(http://bit.ly/2rquS1L)
So I knew I was going to present my information and the answer to my question in a way that could potentially help teenagers answer their own questions about themselves. In that case, I'd need to find a medium that teenagers relate to, but also something I'm already fairly comfortable with. I like making videos, and I know there are a lot of YouTube channels already dedicated to things like gender and sexuality, so I thought I'd make a research based vlog-type video where I act as though I'm giving advice to people who are confused about their gender and society today.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/NrqF5yVkgwzjq/giphy.gif)
I think a YouTube style video works well with my project because it helps put the concept of gender into something more physical and malleable while still giving me an opportunity to present my information in a way that's both easy to understand for the audience and enjoyable for me to create. Vlog style videos are simple, but get the point across well. With a video I can also have presentation aids like pictures and videos on screen while I talk, further explaining my research. Vlogs are also informal and casual, so I'm able to relax and be comfortable on the camera, making the whole process less strenuous overall.
(https://static.bhphotovideo.com/explora/sites/default/files/TTT.png)
During this stage, I had to ask myself a lot of questions. How long should the video be? How do I order my information? Where do I film? How will I cite information rather than just consulting it? It was a lot to think about. I decided to take it easy, and just make sure that I fit in as much information as I can without getting overwhelming, and the video will be done when I feel I've presented enough of my research. As for pacing the video, I planned to start simple by answering what gender and gender roles are. From there, I chose to ease into more complicated subjects like Gender vs Sex, Spectrum vs Binary, chimpanzee studies, and gender roles in the media. Finally, I decided to finish it off by tying all of my research together to finally answer my question "Are Gender Roles Still Valid in Modern Society?" What is my conclusion? Well, you'll find out when you watch the video..


