Monday, 12 June 2017

Looking Inwards: A Self-Assessment

It's been a journey. It's been almost a month since the first blog was due, and look how far we've come. I feel like I've learned a lot in this time. In my first blog post, I mentioned how I was hoping to discover that society was as ready to move on from gender roles as I am, and while the spirit may be willing, the flesh is still pretty weak. While society wants gender roles to move on, individual people are stubborn! I honestly don't know what else I expected; of course there's always a group of naysayers who are against any sort of change: that's life.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d9/68/bb/d968bb2e8f9a9dcd9b7f15d687733504.jpg.

What have I learned about myself? Well, I learned that when it comes to expressing yourself, you are the biggest obstacle (semi-related "fact": the person seven times more likely to kill you than anyone else is yourself [citation needed]). People admire confidence, and coming to terms with who you are makes other people ignore the fact that you may not perfectly fit society's expectations. More importantly, I learned that being yourself weeds out any negative forces in your life; if people only like you when you try to fit in, they never really like you, do they? Likewise, being truly yourself will bring in new positive experiences that you never would have imagined before. Just be yourself, and your world will change with you.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T48zydwPQtY/U51dFBRpUwI/AAAAAAAAz04/ZZFONJPnfoY/be%2Byourself.gif

Overall, I feel I did well with the planning and pacing of my inquiry and work. I spent to most time on my research and using my research to form a conclusion. To me this was the most important, as there's no product without solid research to base it off of. My product packaging helped make this easier for me too, since I was comfortable with my research and I had no problem presenting it in a video format. Unfortunately, I'm not very used to speaking to a camera, so my on-screen appearance is rather awkward. I also feel that I could have made my product longer, but I sadly didn't notice this until part way through the editing process.

Either way, I would still give myself a Level 4 on this project. I put a lot of time and effort into my gender research, and I am sure that it will pay off. I did my absolute best to make sure my research was well explained and easy to understand through both my script and editing, and I think my presentation was similar in that regard. After all, gender is a pretty abstract topic and even though I had some struggles, I was able to persevere and overcome them. I sought out to answer a question about the world we live in, and I think I was able to answer it pretty well.

https://www.askideas.com/media/07/Clown-Waving-Hand-And-Says-Goodbye-Animated-Gif.gif

Goodbye, madyisu.blogspot.ca, and goodbye, ENG2DL ISU.

~Cameron

Looking Inwards: A Self-Assessment

It's been a journey. It's been almost a month since the first blog was due, and look how far we've come. I feel like I've le...