http://thecontextofthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/gettyimages_715599221.jpg
I think I'm fairly comfortable presenting. Although sometimes I may forget to make eye contact with half of the class, I'm never too nervous or afraid to speak to anyone. I'll say what I need to (and maybe even a little extra), and then try my best to move on smoothly. I often make cue cards for presentations just so I know what to say and what not to (more on that later), but sometimes I depend on them too much and try to overcompensate when I miss something. I don't think I have any nervous ticks and I don't think I stutter, but I guess it depends on the presentation and how nervous I feel that day.
https://giphy.com/gifs/jack-tripper-G4Ihli2UThrBS
I was surprisingly not very anxious before presenting; I was confident enough in the subject to not be afraid of messing up or saying something wrong. Since my question had a definite yes or no answer instead of being more open ended, I was mainly worried about making sure that I actually answered whether or not gender roles were valid in modern society. I think got my point across, but I felt that my conclusion was a little shaky and may have left some people confused. Timed presentations like that always make me scared that I'll go over the time limit, and I often accidentally cut corners to try and make up for it. This in turn makes me worried that I'll go under the limit, and it just leaves me unsure for the whole presentation.
http://blog.tranquilene.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Drowning-in-Time.jpg
I did have some trouble compiling all of my research into a relatively short presentation. I wanted to add more of my information that I neglected to put in my product, but I did a run through with some extra bits and it ended up taking over 7 minutes. I decided it was much more important to have the basics covered so people would have a general understanding of gender and gender roles, and my second run-through dropped to 4 minutes 20 seconds. I left it at that, knowing I'd probably talk a little faster but add in more information so my actual presentation would even out to about the same length. This leaves me feeling unsatisfied, since I know I have more to share but never got the chance to do it.
https://pakistanstopbullying.wordpress.com/tag/left-out/
Overall I feel I did fairly well. I'm not sure if it's because of the Laurier Program or just because I'm in high school, but I have much higher expectations for presentations now than I did before. Thankfully I was able to satisfy my high standards and I hope I did the same for yours.



